JA Martin Electrical Pty Ltd has been in operation providing quality focused service for over 50 years. Our success has been built on long standing relationships with clientele that are perpetuated through the offering of an outstanding level of service.
Currently employing 150 personnel, with over 100 vehicles on the road we are a leading provider of electrical services to all areas of Australia.
ISO9001 accredited and AS4801 WHS certified, our competencies include electrical engineering, switchboard manufacture, CCTV, data cabling, solar, service and maintenance and project management to the industrial sector from premises located in the Tomago (Newcastle), Mt Thorley (Hunter Valley) and Gunnedah (Liverpool Plains) areas.
Our capabilities provide for an electrical project to be taken from inception, through design, engineering, project management, manufacture and installation phases to closure without reliance on third parties.
We are seeking reliable, experienced and licensed Electricians for current projects on key infrastructure networks within the local Newcastle and surrounding areas.
Preferably the successful candidate would reside in the local Newcastle area and be available for an immediate start. The successful applicants will be expected to attend a Coal Board Order 43 pre-employment medical.
Applicants for these positions must possess: –
- A qualified supervisor’s certificate, driver’s license, OHS white card and be able to work unsupervised.
- Strong WHS focus.
- Industrial experience and switchboard wiring knowledge would be viewed favourably.
- An ability to follow schematics and single line diagrams and a willingness to understand the processes/equipment that they control.
- Control panel wiring experience and proven fault-finding skills on control panels.
- An ability to work autonomously and meet critical deadlines.
- Knowledge of PLC operation and installations as well as telemetry experience would be viewed favourably.
- Qualifications including; Working at heights, LVR & CPR as well as Confined space training, although not essential would also be viewed favourably.
We are looking for highly motivated tradesmen with a professional attitude and work ethic to join our team. These positions would suit a dynamic and motivated individual with sound electrical experience and good client relation skills.
They are permanent positions with excellent remuneration and conditions as per our company EBA. The successful candidates would also be issued with fully stocked company vehicle to complete the works, company phone and full uniform.
Please forward resumes to:
Electricians – Service & Maintenance Tomago
We are currently seeking licensed electricians for our Service & Maintenance Department of our Tomago operations. The position involves installation, maintenance and fault finding for our clientele in and around the Newcastle area. Successful applicants will receive allocation of a company vehicle, mobile phone and clothing. This position will suit a dynamic individual with sound industrial experience and good client relation skills.
Applicants for these positions must possess at least 5 years’ post trade experience and reside within 25 klms of our Tomago workshop. You must possess a qualified supervisors licence, manual driver’s license and be able to work unsupervised. Industrial experience and previous service and maintenance experience is a must. Working at heights, EWP & confined space training would be looked upon favourably.
We are looking for highly motivated tradesmen with a professional “Can Do” attitude and good communication skills. This is a permanent role with excellent remuneration and conditions as per our company EBA.
Note: Only experienced industrial electricians will be considered for this role.
Please forward resumes to:
J.A. Martin Electrical Pty Ltd
PO Box 126
Beresfield NSW 2322
Electrical Projects Supervisor
We are currently seeking a Supervisor for our Electrical Projects Division based out of our Tomago (Newcastle) Branch. We have 30 electricians currently employed in this division performing works anywhere in NSW and we need another supervisor to oversee our teams and work in with our Project Coordinator and Project Manager if you believe you are the right person to do this with a “Can Do” attitude then we would like to speak with you so please contact us at:-
J.A Martin Electrical Pty Ltd
PO Box 126
Beresfield NSW 2322 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Current Electrical Supervisors License.
- Working At Heights
- LVR & CPR
- Excellent Leadership Qualities with hands on experience leading teams.
- Previous Industrial Experience.
- Be reliable, punctual and committed towards workplace health and safety.
- High degree of computer literacy including the use of Microsoft Office Suite with the ability to pick up new systems quickly.
- Strong Organisational, time management and prioritization skills are a must for this role.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills are also essential.
Reporting to one of our project managers, your key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assist in project planning and forecasting.
- Take part in job costing and performance against budget.
- Effectively manage and control all labour, material and equipment resources.
- Take an active role in the overall management of WHS matters and ensure all WHS policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Supervise a designated work team, including apprentices to complete the assigned jobs while ensuring safety is the number one priority.
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in accordance with Quality Standards and Procedures.
This is a permanent role with overtime available, excellent remuneration and conditions as per our company EBA.
Electrical Apprenticeships 2020….
J.A Martin Electrical will be starting their 2020 Electrical Apprentice intake from November 2019. Please email a cover letter, resume and current school reports to the email address below. To be successful in securing an interview you will have completed year 12, have a manual drivers licence and a reliable vehicle and be available to start in January 2020.
Don’t see a job for you?
J.A Martin Electrical is always on the lookout for good talent, if you are interested in any of the positions available, please email your resume to our Human Resources Manager Debbie Baillie on the email address below.
Why work for us?
There’s something special about J.A Martin. There’s a sense of pride that comes from building a quality product, or delivering a timely service or solving a problem, its making the most of ourselves as a company and as individuals.
Some of you may have known us all your life. Perhaps you even think of J.A Martin as an old friend. But old friends can grow in new and exciting ways. Surely you have. And so have we.
We are on a new journey of growth, building on our most formidable assets: our brand, our financial strength, our quality, our unrivaled service levels and the strong commitment of our management and employees to safety.
Our journey focuses on leveraging these strengths to become a truly sustainable growth company and, ultimately, one of the most respected contracting companies in Australia.
The time is now!
What do we offer?
- The J.A Martin Company’s extraordinary heritage, our leading brand and the scale of what we do;
- The challenge of meaningful work – our unique Industrial offerings, constant opportunities to develop Industry leading skills, culture where people convert their passion into action;
- The kind of competitive compensation you would expect from an Industry leader.
What do we expect from you:
- The ability to contribute, to make a difference and have a tangible impact – turning your passion into action;
- Creative and fresh thinking in your work and your life, regardless of your role;
- A spirit of collaboration – you thrive when you work with a diverse range of people with different views, perspectives and priorities;
- A pragmatic and commercial mindset that understands the challenge of sustainability.
Top Reasons to work for J.A Martin
- Ability to make a difference
- Ability to grow
- We want to become…
- We have embarked on a strategic journey…
- Be part of a diverse team
- One-of-a-kind experiences
- A unique culture
- Accessibility to more than just a Company…
- Rewarding environment
- Quality EBA with high employment stability and conditions