JA Martin Electrical Pty Ltd has been in operation providing quality focused service for over 50 years. Our success has been built on long standing relationships with clientele that are perpetuated through the offering of an outstanding level of service.
Currently employing 150 personnel, with over 100 vehicles on the road we are a leading provider of electrical services to all areas of Australia.
ISO9001 accredited and AS4801 WHS certified, our competencies include electrical engineering, switchboard manufacture, CCTV, data cabling, solar, service and maintenance and project management to the industrial sector from premises located in the Tomago (Newcastle) and Mt Thorley (Hunter Valley) areas.
Our capabilities provide for an electrical project to be taken from inception, through design, engineering, project management, manufacture and installation phases to closure without reliance on third parties.
To apply for any of our available positions please email your resume and cover letter to our Human Resources Manager Debbie Baillie to email@example.com
We are currently seeking experienced licensed Electricians for project work locally & in the Hunter Valley Mines.
Preferably the successful candidate would reside in the Maitland area and be available for an immediate start. The successful applicants will be expected to attend an Order 43 Coal Board pre-employment medical quickly following the interview process with a start date soon after.
Applicants for these positions must possess
- Current NSW Electrical Supervisors or Contractors License
- LVR & CPR Certificate
- Industrial experience would be viewed favourably
- Strong WHS focus
- Ability and willingness to learn and understand the functionality of the systems that you work on
- Be reliable, punctual and committed towards Workplace Health and Safety
- Strong organisational, time management and prioritization skills are a must for this role
- Good interpersonal and communications skills are also essential
- A willingness to lead small teams and make autonomous decisions
- Working at Heights
We are looking for highly motivated and technically minded trade qualified people with a professional “Can do” attitude. These positions would suit a dynamic individual with sound industrial experience and good client relation skills. They are permanent roles with excellent remuneration and conditions as per our company EA.
We are currently seeking experienced Switchboard Electricians for our manufacturing workshop based at our Tomago operations.
To be successful for this role you must meet the below criteria:
- Be able to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
- Be efficient, take pride in your work and show attention to detail.
- Be safety focused.
- Have experience in industrial work environments.
- Have experience in the manufacturing of switchboards.
- Have experience in control panel wiring.
- Must be able to read general arrangement drawings, schematic diagrams and termination diagrams.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Own tools to complete your job.
- Hold relevant NSW Supervisors Electrical License or Contractors License.
- Manual drivers license.
- Industry White Card.
The position involves an immediate start subject to a pre-employment medical. It is a workshop based position generally starting at 6:00am and finishing at 2:30pm Monday to Friday.
We are looking for highly motivated and quality focused tradespeople with a professional “Can do” attitude and good communication skills. This is a permanent role with excellent remuneration and conditions as per our company Enterprise Agreement.
Electrician – Mt Thorley & Singleton Mine Sites
We are currently seeking the services of Electricians, Leading hands and Foreman at our Mt Thorley branch for project and service work on various Hunter Valley mine sites. This position will suit a dynamic individual with an above average attitude towards safety and good client relation skills. Ideally you will reside in the Maitland or Hunter Valley area.
- Full time positions
- Good remuneration, travel and site allowances
- Company uniforms provided after qualification period
- Good remuneration
- Uniforms and PPE supplied
- Site and travelling allowances
- Training provided
Skills and Experience
- NSW Qualified Supervisors’ certificate or NSW Contractor’s licence
- NSW Driver’s licence
- Ability to pass an Order 43 medical including drug & alcohol screening
- 2 years’ experience as a tradesman
- Good literacy and communications skills.
- A can-do attitude with the ability to think for yourself
Desirable Requirements but not essential.
- Current inductions (Pegasus, Damstra, Glencore, Peabody, Yancoal)
- Working at Heights
- EWP and Forklift
- Confined space
- First Aid certificate
- LV Rescue and CPR
- Data and comms experience
If you meet these requirements and want to work for a good company with consistent workflow, a skilled crew, willing to learn or impart your skills and are looking for a career not just a job, please apply via Seek or
Electrical Apprenticeships 2023
J.A Martin Electrical will be starting their 2023 Electrical Apprentice intake from November 2022. Please email a cover letter, resume and current school reports to the email address below. To be successful in securing an interview you will have completed year 12, have a manual drivers licence and a reliable vehicle and be available to start in January 2023.
Don’t see a job for you?
J.A Martin Electrical is always on the lookout for good talent, if you are interested in any of the positions available, please email your resume to our Human Resources Manager Debbie Baillie on the email address below.
Why work for us?
There’s something special about J.A Martin. There’s a sense of pride that comes from building a quality product, or delivering a timely service or solving a problem, its making the most of ourselves as a company and as individuals.
Some of you may have known us all your life. Perhaps you even think of J.A Martin as an old friend. But old friends can grow in new and exciting ways. Surely you have. And so have we.
We are on a new journey of growth, building on our most formidable assets: our brand, our financial strength, our quality, our unrivalled service levels and the strong commitment of our management and employees to safety.
Our journey focuses on leveraging these strengths to become a truly sustainable growth company and, ultimately, one of the most respected contracting companies in Australia.
The time is now!
What do we offer?
- The J.A Martin Company’s extraordinary heritage, our leading brand and the scale of what we do;
- The challenge of meaningful work – our unique Industrial offerings, constant opportunities to develop Industry leading skills, culture where people convert their passion into action;
- The kind of competitive compensation you would expect from an Industry leader.
What do we expect from you:
- The ability to contribute, to make a difference and have a tangible impact – turning your passion into action;
- Creative and fresh thinking in your work and your life, regardless of your role;
- A spirit of collaboration – you thrive when you work with a diverse range of people with different views, perspectives and priorities;
- A pragmatic and commercial mindset that understands the challenge of sustainability.
Top Reasons to work for J.A Martin
- Ability to make a difference
- Ability to grow
- We want to become…
- We have embarked on a strategic journey…
- Be part of a diverse team
- One-of-a-kind experiences
- A unique culture
- Accessibility to more than just a Company…
- Rewarding environment
- Quality EBA with high employment stability and conditions